This tasty simple avocado pasta dish is one that everyone needs up their sleeves. Delicious creamy goodness with all the greens you need to feel good about yourself! It's packed with flavour, takes minutes to make and will please everyone at the dinner table. If that ain't a win then what is?
Why I LOVE This Recipe
Creamy, simple, delicious and quick to make are all words that come to mind to describe this simple avocado pasta dish. Which, may I add is also vegan and vegetarian-friendly. It really has it all!
- ready and on the table in less than 30mins
- tastes great hot or cold
- minimal ingredients required
- easy to find ingredients
- can be adapted to keep the meat eaters happy too 😉
To make this simple avocado pasta dish literally requires 10 ingredients. Now, you may think that sounds like a lot but when you factor in most kitchens/pantries have salt, oil, pasta and lemon in the fridge it doesn't require much work to get the rest from the local shop/market
- Avocado - it doesn't need to be the ripest in the bunch but lets also not get one that is like concrete!
- Tomatoes - i used cherry tomatoes
- Garlic - as much or as little as you like
- Oil - canola, sunflower or olive will all work fine. Heck, go wild and use some avocado oil if you have it
- Pinenuts - toast these guys up to add a little texture
- Spinach - adds a little extra green and health to the dish
- Lemon juice - for acidity and helps keep the sauce from browning too
- Coconut cream - to add that creamy flavour and touch of sweetness too
All of these ingredients are readily available in any grocery store so there really isn't an excuse to not whip up this simple avocado pasta dish 😉
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
A few little helpers will help you along the way, but tbh it's so straightforward you could make this in your sleep!
- Don't prepare the sauce too far in advance. The avocados will start to dis-colour so best to whip it up within 1 hour of serving
- Trying to cook this on a budget and pinenuts arent the cheapest - toast some breadcrumbs in olive oil and salt in a frying pan and use it for texture instead
- Got leftovers? No worries - pop it in an airtight container and it'll keep for a couple days in the fridge
- Pasta water - ALWAYS add a little into any pasta dish/sauce. This helps add flavour and for the sauce to thicken/stick to the pasta
- What pasta? Any is the simple answer - I used fusilli here as I like the way the sauce coats it but you can use any that takes your fancy!
- In need of meat? Add some leftover chicken from the Sunday roast, whip up some shredded chicken or fry off some slices of chicken breast to make this a carnivore's delight!
If there is anything I am missing or you have any further Q's on this simple avocado pasta dish then holler in the comment section below and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Well, we have made a vegetarian/vegan pasta dish so it only seems fitting to find the best vegan wine we can to work with this delicious simple avocado pasta recipe. Luckily for us, my friends over at Koonara have such a drop! The Angels Footprints 2022 Sauvignon Blanc works an absolute treat!
Now, truth be told I'm not one to crack a Savvy B very often but from time to time on a warm day when you want something that's gonna take the edge off you can't beat a good ol' glass of it. What's even better is when you pair it to perfection with a delicious bowl of simple avocado pasta.
The Koonara Savvy B is crisp, refreshing and full of fruit. Gooseberries, crisp apples, passionfruit and melon all jump out at me. Tons of upfront acidity and good length too. It's a bottle that shared amongst friends will bring a smile to everyone sitting around the table. So why not pick some up and whip up this crazy good pasta dish!
Alternative Pasta Recipes
Inspired by my simple avocado pasta dish and are looking for more pasta recipes to keep you carb loaded? Well, check out these other beauts below!
- Chorizo & Prawn Pasta
- Vegetable Bolognese
- Chilli Crab Pasta
- Spaghetti w/ Smoked Tomato Sauce & Anchovy Dressing
- Beef Cheek Ragu
Happy Cooking & Happy Eating Friends!
- 1 avocado
- 100 g spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 150 ml coconut cream
- 350-400 g pasta
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 25 g pinenuts
- Food processor/blender
- measuring/weighing utensils
- Chef Knives
- Chopping board
- frying pan
- Toast pinenuts in a dry pan and set aside
- Make sauce by blending all the ingredients together in a food processor
- Cook pasta
- While pasta is boiling cut the tomatoes in ½ or ¼ (size depending) and fry in olive oil
- Add avocado sauce to pan and simmer on low heat
- Pour cooked pasta and a little of the starchy pasta water into tomato pan
- Serve with toasted pinenuts
- the avocado sauce will discolour after a while, so best to make it fresh/ an hour or so serving
- ALWAYS add some of the pasta water to your sauce as the starch in it helps to bind the sauce to the pasta