*DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS.
Milk & white chocolate brownies that believe me wont last long in your fridge! From start to finish in about 45mins these guys are sure to delight everyone in your family…. In fact, these guys are both my daughter (2 years old) and my wifes (X number of years old) favourite thing that I cook. I wonder why!!
1st (real) blog!!!!!!! That’s right there is AnotherFoodBlogger out there. I hope that reading my blog you will learn a little about me. Well, as much as you want to anyway! The food I cook and what inspires me. Hopefully some of my recipes will inspire you too and remember you can always message me if you have any questions that need answering.
I could sit here and wax lyrically about chocolate, its so called benefits and all that other stuff you see when you google most food items. But lets just be perfectly honest with each other the only real benefits of chocolate come in the form of YUMMM! Which is quickly followed by – better work a little harder in the gym tomorrow thoughts. Because trust me when I say you won’t want to stop at just one when you make these brownies!!
Meanwhile, lets enjoy these chocolate brownies because BELIEVE me they are totally worth it. Happy cooking and happy eating friends.
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 75 g white chocolate
- 240 g butter melted
- 375 g castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 144 g plain flour
- 2 tsp vanilla bean puree
- 1 pinch salt
- icing sugar garnish
- Chop 125g of milk chocolate into chunks to melt.
- Chop 75g milk & 75g white into chunks and reserve for later.
- Melt milk chocolate (*see tip) and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk butter and sugar together in large mixing bowl until combined.
- Add eggs & vanilla to butter mixture and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Fold in melted chocolate using spatula.
- Sieve in dry ingredients and stir. Careful not to over mix as brownies will become more cake like (**see tip)
- Fold in remaining chocolate chunks.
- Turn into greased baking tin and bake @ 170c / 350f for 30-34 mins depending upon how gooey you like them. I find the sweet spot in my oven is about 32 mins.
- Leave cool enough to turn out from baking tin, sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into squares, rectangles or triangles depending upon your mood.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk or perhaps a baileys on ice 😉 T
- hand whisk
- greaseproof paper
- 9.5"x 9.5" baking tin
- large mixing bowl
- small heatproof mixing bowl
- butter spray/melted butter for baking tin
- when melting chocolate its best to do in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure to stir and keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn
- mixing the brownies by hand will allow you to control it better, using a electric mixer can sometimes over mix the brownies making them more cake like
- I am currently using Cadbury's baking chocolate as I am a sucker for it growing up in Ireland
- brownies will last 2 days stored in an airtight container at room temp or 3-4 days in the fridge
- always grease the inside of the baking tin and the greaseproof paper, it may seem excessive but nothing worse than losing your brownies to the brownie fairies 🙂