*DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS.
Is that time of year when the cost of asparagus is low and it’s in it’s prime here in Australia. So expect to see a few recipes including it coming your way! Cooking asparagus on the bbq is my favourite way to cook it and this grilled asparagus with pistachio dukkah is a real winner!
Spring is in full affect here in Brisbane ALTHOUGH it kinda feels more like summer with temps hitting 33c yesterday!!! With these temps and the joyous high humidity levels of Queensland it means that indoor cooking is becoming a serious no no. My trusty #weber has been stocked with plenty of gas for the quick grilling and the garage has all the charcoal you can imagine for those longer, slower cooks. If you haven’t guessed by now I’m a slight fan of my weber bbq! Along with being simply tasty AF, asparagus is super healthy for you too.
- Asparagus is packed with vitamins – A, C, E, K & B6
- It contains high amount of fiber
- A good source of protein
- Packed with calcium and folate too
There is no wonder I LOVE cooking and eating it with all these great benefits. There does tend to be one downside to eating asparagus is it makes your pee smell a little funky BUT I’m not in the habit of letting others get a wiff of it so we can swiftly move along.
The real beauty about grilled asparagus is it takes literally 3 – 4 mins on the bbq and it’s done. It’s such a versatile veg and you see it used at every mealtime. Fresh, healthy and SUPER tasty and well it’s the perfect veg to add to your dinner table!
Check out the recipe below and Happy Eating friends!!
- 20 asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp parsley - chopped
- 1 lemon cut into 3rds
- 1 tbsp dukkah see recipe below
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 100 g pistachios roughly chopped
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- Roast sesame seeds until lightly golden, add spices and heat for a further minute.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and stir in pistachios
- Toss asparagus in oil, juice from inner third of lemon, salt & pepper.
- Rub the 2 outer thirds of lemon with a little salt and olive oil.
- Grill asparagus & lemon on bbq or grill pan until nicely charred - approx 4 mins.
- Place grilled asparagus on plate, sprinkle parsley on top and finish with dukkah and a drizzle of oil.
- chopping board
- sharp knife
- frying pan bbq or grill pan
- weighing scales/measuring spoons
- be careful when toasting sesame seeds as they will burn quickly
- dukkah will keep fresh in an airtight container for up to 1 month