*DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS.
I have been grilling asparagus a lot lately and this Asian asparagus recipe is definitely one of my favs. So crank up that weber, marinade your asparagus and GET ON IT!!
This bbq Asian asparagus recipe is one that I adapted from one I found online so I can’t take all the credit – as much as I wish I could. What I can take credit for are the pics and how damn good it looks!!! Truthfully though when anything is grilled on a Weber grill it honestly just tastes great. Speaking of Weber BBQ’s, I use a Genesis for most of my grilling and you honestly can’t beat it/them. If you are looking to start off or upgrade your current grill and need help/advice on what to choose then check out Globo Surf for their advice on the best Weber’s on the market right now. Some seriously helpful tips here to get you started and help you upgrade! FYI I’ve got 4 now;)
Anyways, this is a quick post as I am currently being shouted at by the 2yr old who has now in her own words upgraded her status to princess! Currently, we are undergoing some gender issues as any time I do something right or correct she tells me “good girl daddy, good girl” and when mum does something we get “he is just doing’…….. SO in my efforts to not be totally embarrassed in public, more than normal that is. I decided to try to teach her the difference between boys & girls. Let’s start small and simple with “Olivia, are you a boy or a girl”. Her response was “daddy, I’m a princess”. Lesson over and Dad put in his place!! I guess I’ll try again later on so. Right, this Dad aka “good girl” is off to play some form of shopping/going on a trip/LEGO and stickers all at once – don’t ask.
Check out my Asian asparagus recipe below. If you enjoy it and/or my ramblings feel free to subscribe and boost my ego a little!
- 20 asparagus tips
- 1 tbsp red miso
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 lime cut in wedges
- 1 spring onion cut at angle
- chili flakes
- sesame seeds
- Mix all marinade ingredients together and toss asparagus in it.
- Cook asparagus on bbq or in grill pan for 3 - 4 mins, turning once. When cooked, toss in remaining dressing and brush all over.
- Squeeze lime juice, sprinkle chili flakes and sesame seeds on top and sprinkle spring onions on top.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- baking tray
- measuring spoon
- basting brush
- bbq/grill pan
- sharp knife
- chopping board
- trust me when I say the difference using a bbq makes
- if you don't have rice vinegar you can substitute white vinegar just use only 1 tbsp
- asparagus takes literally 2 mins (at the most) per side so keep an eye on it as it will be cooked before you know it