Salmon crudo with ponzu & wakame salad
Servings 4 people
- 300 g skinless salmon 75g per person
- 100 g wakame salad 25g per person
- 2 finger lime
- 2 tbsp crispy shallots
- sesame seeds
- ponzu sauce see below
- 1/2 nori
- 5 g bonito
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon - zested
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 200 ml soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
Mix all ingredients together and infuse in the fridge for minimum 24 hours and up to 7 days. The longer it infuses the stronger the taste.
When ready, strain through a sieve and store in the fridge
Slice salmon very thinly using a sharp knife
Place salmon on the plate and wakame to the side of the salmon
Drizzle 1-2 tbsp ponzu sauce over each plate of salmon and sprinkle sesame seeds, crispy shallots and finger lime “caviar” over the top
- ponzu sauce will keep for months in the fridge so don’t worry about having extra.
- you can buy ponzu sauce in most grocery stores and in Asian stores, just add some ginger to them and infuse overnight.
- to extract the “caviar” from the finger lime it’s easiest to cut it in half widthways and then squeeze them out of either side.
- you can prepare all ingredients in advance so that when serving this dish you just need to put it all together – perfect for a dinner party/special occasion.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 3114mg | Potassium: 565mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 163IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg