Grilled Prawns & Saffron Aioli
Simple, delicious and pleasing on the eye - a real winner
Servings 2 people
- 1/2 Mango chopped into cubes
- 2 tbsp Red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 Red chili finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander finely chopped
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Lime
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 pinches SloFoodGrp saffron
- 1/2 tsp Sumac
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 pinch Salt
- 200 ml Olive oil
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Ice cold water
Cut prawns using a serrated knife along the back until they can be flattened out, being careful not to cut all the way through. Using a pairing knife find the intestinal sack of the prawn (along the side of the flesh) and remove.
Drizzle prawns in a little oil and salt and grill on medium to high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or roast in the oven @ 220c/450f for 6 – 7 minutes on a baking tray
Place saffron, sumac, garlic, maple syrup, Dijon, salt, ice cold water & lemon juice in a small food processor and blend to bring together.
Once blended add egg yolks, blitz and gradually add olive oil until it all comes together and thickens up.
Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Chefs knives
- Chopping board
- Small food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring utensils
- Grill pan/bbq/oven
- If cooking prawns on a bbq (with a lid) reduce cooking time to 2 minutes per side
- I prefer grilling the prawns as you get that nice charred/burnt/smoke flavour
- Aioli will keep for 3 – 5 days in the fridge
- Salsa is best eaten same day but will keep for 1 – 2 days.
Calories: 2285kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 227g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Cholesterol: 673mg | Sodium: 1436mg | Potassium: 619mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 2362IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 4mg