Loaded Smashed Potatoes
It's Game Time!!
Servings 4 people
- 8 potatoes red royale
- 1 ear corn grilled
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 handful coriander
- 4 slices streaky bacon cooked
- 100 g butter melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed & combine with melted butter
Heat oven to 180c / 350f
Place potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water and boil until easily pierced with a fork/skewer. Approx 15 minutes
Drain potatoes and leave them steam for minimum of 5 minutes
Place potatoes on a lined baking tray and drizzle with oil and garlic butter. Roast in oven for approx 30 minutes until potatoes are golden and crispy.
While the potatoes are cooking get the toppings ready - chop jalapeno, spring onion, cook/chop bacon, pick coriander, mix sour cream/lime together and grill corn in grill pan or on bbq until charred.
- let potatoes steam - I can't emphasise this enough. Let the potatoes release the excess steam/moisture before baking
- pulled pork is another KILLER addition to these potatoes - dinner sorted with that one.
- garlic powder works as a good alternative to fresh garlic. Sprinkle it over with the salt and pepper
- large saucepan
- baking tray
- parchment/baking paper
- chef knives
- chopping board
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 195mg | Potassium: 1990mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 178IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 15mg