Rocket & Broccoli Soup
A delicious and healthy soup to warm you up on a colder day
- 300 g rocket
- 150 g broccoli chopped
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 liter chicken or vegetable stock
- 25 g parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 knob butter
- rocket leaves
- crispy chickpeas
- cream optional
On a medium heat fry the onion in butter & oil until soft - 2/3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a further minute.
Add broccoli to onion mix and cook for 2/3 minutes. Add stock and cook for 10 minutes or until broccoli is soft.
Add rocket, parmesan cheese and knob of butter and blend until smooth.
- baking tray x 2
- large sauce pan
- chef knives
- chopping board
- blender or stick blender
- wooden spoon
- when frying onion make sure you don't brown the onion. You are looking to soften them. This is called "sweating"
- adding the rocket in at the end keeps it's brighter colour and more of the nutrients as they don't boil away
- the garnish is optional but in my opinion a good soup topping really makes a soup
- this soup freezes well - just don't add the garnish before freezing!
Calories: 735kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 1964mg | Potassium: 2711mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 8250IU | Vitamin C: 185.8mg | Calcium: 889mg | Iron: 7.8mg