Slow Roasted Tomatoes
Simple and PACKED with flavour - that's a win in my books!
Servings 2 people
- 5 roma tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chili flakes optional
- 2 sprigs thyme
Place greaseproof paper onto baking sheet and lay tomatoes (cut side up) on tray
Drizzle with oil and balsamic and then sprinkle rest of ingredients on top
Roast in oven @ 100c for 3hrs *see tips*
- for extra INTENSE flavour you can roast the tomatoes at a lower temperature for longer. For us it's the timing that wins everytime. Pop em in when the kid eats and the timing is perfect!
- you can use other tomatoes too. I like the shape and taste of the roma ones. Infact I made a delicious chutney slow roasting cherry tomatoes - HERE
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1635IU | Vitamin C: 22.9mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.8mg