Cheesy Vegetable Muffins
My toddler demolishes these muffins and my wife adores them too. JOB DONE!
Servings 24 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated broccoli approx 4 large florets
- 3/4 cup grated cauliflower approx 4 large florets
- 3 tbsp self raising flour
- 50 g blue cheese *see tip*
- 1/2 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Using the largest side of the box grater, grate the cauliflower & broccoli into a large mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. The mixture will seem a little thick but this is normal.
Grease the mini muffin tray with the olive oil. Using a piece of kitchen towel to rub in each muffin hole.
Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray.
Bake for 14-16 minutes @ 180c.
- measuring spoon/cups
- box grater
- large mixing bowl
- mini muffin pan
- wooden spoon
- feel free to switch out the blue cheese for regular grated cheese, my daughter & I just happened to really like blue cheese
- this recipe can be adapted to most other vegetables, HOWEVER some vegetables contain a higher water content so you may have to adapt the flour ratio a little. For example, I did corn & zucchini ones where I squeezed the liquid from the grated zucchini and added 2 extra tablespoons of flour
- if you don't have self raising flour you can use plain flour with a little baking powder (substitute 1 tsp flour for 1 tsp baking powder). Personally I find self raising flour yields better results
Calories: 620kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 377mg | Sodium: 920mg | Potassium: 850mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1480IU | Vitamin C: 97mg | Calcium: 500mg | Iron: 2.5mg