See you later shop bought fries - these guys are so quick and simple to make. Oh and pretty darn tasty too!
Servings 2 people
- 6 kipfler potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Wash & dry potatoes.
Cut the potatoes into wedges, insuring all are equal sizes. I usually cut mine in 1/2 and then into 1/4's or if they are slightly smaller then just in 1/2 and then into 1/3's.
Toss them in a small amount of oil and lay out onto a baking tray.
Bake in the oven at 220c for 15-20 minutes (size depending).
Season with salt and bask in the glory of homemade fries!
- chopping board
- sharp knife
- baking tray
- ensure potatoes are cut to similar size so that they cook evenly
- if you don't have kipfler potatoes then you can substitute red skinned potatoes or fingerlings as they are similarly waxy
- if you want a more fluffy texture to your fries then you can use russet or maris piper potatoes
- DON'T season the potatoes before cooking them as the salt will draw out the moisture and not allow them to crisp up well
- seasoning them as soon as they are out of the oven is a must as the salt will coat the potatoes perfectly at this stage
Calories: 865kcal | Carbohydrates: 158g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 5278mg | Fiber: 31g | Vitamin C: 145.7mg | Calcium: 383mg | Iron: 41.4mg