Carne Asada Steak Tacos
These steak tacos will make taco Tuesday a thing of the past as your family/friends will be requesting them everyday!
Servings 2 people
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 radishes cut into matchsticks
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and sliced into circles
- 500 g hangar steak
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 orange juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- handful coriander chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp chili flakes more if you like it spicy
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lemon juiced
Combine all steak ingredients together and leave to marinate for up to 4hrs *see tips*
Combine lemon mayonnaise ingredients, taste and adjust more lemon or mayo as necessary.
When ready to serve rub the majority of marinade from the steak and grill on bbq for approx 5 - 6 mins each side on direct heat or until internal temperature is 58-60c for medium rare.
Leave steak rest for 5 – 10 mins before slicing.
Whilst steak is resting warm your tortillas in a frying pan. This takes about 15 – 20 seconds on each side.
Cut steak into 2cm slices.
Place small smear of mayo on tortilla and top with cabbage.
Place rested steak on top of cabbage and top with radish, jalapeno & drizzle of lemon mayo.
Serve lime on the side and allow your guests to squeeze.
- ziplock bag
- chopping board
- sharp knife
- mixing bowl x 2
- frying pan
- bbq/grill pan
- i find leaving the steak marinade for longer than 4hrs that the acids break down the texture of the steak so for me 2hrs was the best
- you could substitute skirt steak instead of hangar if not available
- read my article on resting meat here
Calories: 2331kcal | Carbohydrates: 124g | Protein: 124g | Fat: 154g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Cholesterol: 361mg | Sodium: 1195mg | Potassium: 2383mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2240IU | Vitamin C: 188.1mg | Calcium: 299mg | Iron: 14.9mg