Roasted Tomato Chutney
Simple, delicious & healthy. This homemade chutney works great with any grilled food, fries or in a sandwich
Servings 10 people
- 500 g cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 red pepper/capsicum cut into slices
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 3 tbsp Squeaky Gate 'all rounder' olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chili flakes
Place all ingredients in pan/baking sheet and stir to combine.
Place in oven at 170c for 40mins - until the vegetables have softened and start to char slightly at the edges.
Remove from oven, allow to cool and blend until smooth.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- cast iron pan/baking sheet/large frying pan
- blender/food processor
- measuring spoons/weighing scales
- chopping board
- sharp knife
- use good quality ingredients when making this sauce for maximum flavour. Donn't skimp on the oil or tomatoes
- i find using a cast iron added a little better caramelization to the ingredients but if you don't own one then a baking sheet will work just fine
- feel free to adjust the spice to your liking, 1 tsp of chili flakes adds a nice warm spice feeling without taking away from the tomatoes - in my opinion
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 146mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 675IU | Vitamin C: 27.2mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.5mg