Fried Chicken Slider
These little fried chicken sliders are a bite of heaven!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Marinade Time 1 hour
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 3 chicken thighs - cut in 1/2 skinless & boneless
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup flour
- 6 slider buns
- 1 litre canola oil approx
- 1 carrot
- 1 spring onion
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 1/4 pineapple
- 1 handful coriander
- .5 lime juiced
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha add to aioli recipe
Mix buttermilk, salt, garlic powder, sriracha & thyme together in zip lock bag. Add precut chicken and leave to soak for minimum 1 hour but up to 24 hours if possible.
Place flour, salt & pepper into other ziplock bag and one at a time dredge the chicken into flour.
Place each piece of chicken on a wire rack prior to cooking.
Heat oil in saute pan to 170c or 350f
Fry chicken in batches submerged in the oil for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove chicken, season with salt and leave to rest on clean wire rack Slaw
Shred carrots, spring onion, cabbage and pineapple into matchstick sized pieces. Using a mandoline where appropriate will help you get even cuts but this isn't hugely important.
Mix in torn coriander leaves, lime juice & rice vinegar
Toast slider buns, spread aioli on base of bun.
Place cooked chicken on top of base of bun. Place slaw on top along with a drizzle of aioli. Put top of bun on and DEVOUR!
- chopping board
- sharp knife
- large ziplock bag x 2
- medium sized mixing bowl
- large saute pan or saucepan
- wire rack x 2
- the longer you leave the chicken in the buttermilk the juicer it will be
- don't crowd the pan when cooking chicken as this will lower the temperature of oil and leave you with soggy fried chicken
- using a thermometer to check temperature of oil will help you cook the oil at correct temperature
- when frying chicken you need enough oil to cover the chicken to cook it evenly
Calories: 879kcal | Carbohydrates: 129g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 174mg | Sodium: 551mg | Potassium: 1069mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 1765IU | Vitamin C: 132.6mg | Calcium: 324mg | Iron: 8.7mg