Homemade BBQ Sauce
This BBQ sauce is so simple to make and utterly delicious too
Servings 20 people
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1.5 cups Heinz ketchup
- 1.5 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
Whisk all ingredients together in saucepan and place on medium heat. Bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 - 20 mins, until the sauce just coats the back of wooden spoon.
Allow to cool and store in fridge until ready to use.
- wooden spoon
- airtight storage container
- this BBQ sauce will keep for 2-3 months in the fridge
- use less chili powder if you are worried about the spice level. You can always taste half way through and add more. Just remember when sauces cool and spices have more time to blend, the spice will be a little stronger
- you can substitute a different ketchup brand but I find Heinz is the best
Calories: 1783kcal | Carbohydrates: 424g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 10477mg | Potassium: 1768mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 399g | Vitamin A: 4220IU | Vitamin C: 14.8mg | Calcium: 402mg | Iron: 5.9mg