Easy Carve Lamb Leg
This easy carve lamb is perfect for the family Sunday roast. Packed with flavour and cooked to perfection you honestly can't go wrong
- 1.5 kg easy carve lamb leg
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp spicy paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp thyme chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 4 tbsp Squeaky Gate ‘all rounder’ olive oil
Using a sharp knife score the lamb in multiple places.
Mix all the rub ingredients together and rub into the lamb.
Leave lamb covered in the fridge for minimum of 1 hour but overnight if possible.
Heat BBQ or oven to 180c and cook lamb covered gently in foil for 30 mins on indirect heat if using BBQ.
After 30 mins uncover the lamb and cook for a further 30 mins basting twice during this time.
Once lamb is cooked to an internal temperature of 54c (for medium rare) remove from the BBQ and recover gently with foil and allow to rest for 10 mins.
Once rested, baste it with the dressing and serve.
I would serve this with a nice green salad and maybe some grilled asparagus.
- mixing bowl x 3
- measuring spoon
- chopping board
- baking tray
- pastry brush for basting
- tin foil
- the longer you leave the lamb marinate the more it will absorb the flavours so try rub it a day in advance
- i cook my lamb mr but if you like it cooked more then cook it for a few mins longer. A general rule when cooking lamb is 20-25 mins per 500g for rare and 25-30 mins for medium - medium rare
- don't forget to let your meat rest, one of the most important things when cooking meat
- if cooking on a BBQ then make sure you cook using indirect heat, this means lighting one side of the BBQ and placing meat on the opposite side
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 151mg | Sodium: 1326mg | Potassium: 716mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 5mg