*DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS.
Having a good dip up your sleeve is a necessity for dinner parties and gatherings. It allows guests to relax while you run around and get the last minute things sorted! More importantly if there is a delay in food everyone isn’t too drunk on an empty stomach. This delicious beetroot hummus aside from being vegetarian/vegan friendly, has a glorious colour, is super simple to make and is bound to wow your guests too when they taste it!
Beetroot is typically a winter vegetable. BUT making it into this delicious beetroot hummus has transformed it (for me at least) to one that can be enjoyed all year round. Here I have paired it with some spicy potato wedges (recipe to follow) but it can be used with salmon, lamb, as a dip with some crackers. Versatile much?
Being Irish we tend to eat a good amount of potatoes at home – I know, I know total cliche!! I’m always trying to find different ways of serving them so it isn’t just a boiled spud on a plate. Recently we have been having a ton of wedges and as I rummage through the spice rack I’m able to add totally different flavors to the potato which is kinda exciting to see what random mix we will come up with each day.
For those of you who follow me on instagram I did a dish recently with salmon, fennel & beet. It was a huge hit with my harshest critic Mrs AnotherFoodBlogger so I started thinking about what else to do with beets and I came up with this beetroot hummus recipe. What’s even better is beetroot is pretty damn healthy so that’s win win. Using my nifty little KitchenAid KFC3516ER 3.5 Cup Food Chopper, Empire Red I was able to whip it up with ease!
Check out the benefits below and keep scrolling for the recipe!!
The benefits of beets
- they are a good source of vitamin C
- an excellent source of potassium
- a good source of minerals such as iron, calcium, copper & magnesium
- its low in calories and has virtually no fat – win win
- helps with liver functions
So aside from being super tasty (in my opinion) and extremely versatile there are some other solid reasons to include beets in your diet.
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
- i use pre-cooked beets as it speeds up the process hugely. Feel free to roast your own in the oven by pricking with a fork, wrapping in foil and roasting for approx 30 - 40 minutes
- cayenne pepper is very spicy so best to add a small bit, taste and adjust accordingly