*DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS.
It’s burgertime again in AnotherFoodBloggers home. This juicy lamb burger is definitely one of our favs! Combining that kick ass red pepper sriracha harissa recipe of mine, some top quality meat, crisp lettuce & sweet grilled onions this burger is a complete winner.
There has to be something said for bbqing. It really does make everything taste better. Don’t get me wrong now. I’ve cooked this a couple times indoors on a grill pan and it’s still phenomenal. BUT you really can’t beat the feeling of being outdoors grillin’ on a warm day. The smell of charcoal and the cold beer in your hand! Hold on, its 9am here and I’m thinking about beer. Better dial it in and focus on this delicious lamb burger!
Lamb Burger Inspiration
The inspiration for this dish came with combining these lamb/pork meatballs I make for canapes I did for a catering gig recently. They were so simple and a huge hit. The perfect amount of fat-meat ratio and that harissa. OMG!! Not to mention my love affair for eating meat inside a brioche bun! I am fairly confident I see you glancing back at the picture above and saying that the day I created this was well – inspired!! Add to it my homemade fries and you have a match made in heaven.
So if you are looking to add a different flair to your grillin’ game and impress your mates whilst chugging a few cold ones around your grill then ENOUGH SAID!!
Happy Cooking & Happy Eating Friends!!
- Mix the lamb & pork mince in mixing bowl with cumin, oregano, salt & pepper. Shape them into 4 x 200g burger patties *see tips*
- Oil, season & grill burgers & red onion and grill them on the bbq or in grill pan for 2 & 1/2 mins each side. Leave rest for a further 2 mins.
- Lightly toast burger buns, add harissa on base of bun, top with lettuce, burger patties, grilled onion & a little more harissa.
- Spread goats curd into the top 1/2 of the burger bun or sprinkle feta (if using) on top of patty and top with the burger bun.
- Take a breath and marvel in the joy that is the lamb burger!
- Serve with some homemade fries - check out my recipe here.
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- bbq or grill pan
- chopping board
- sharp knife
- shop bought harissa will also work but TRUST me once you make my homemade version you won't ever bought shop bought again
- cooking the burgers for 2 & 1/2 mins each side will cook a perfect MR burger so if you want them cooked more then another 30 seconds - 1 min a side will do
- the ratio is 3:1 lamb/pork mince so if you like your burgers a little bigger just follow that ratio when adding more mince***