It’s burgertime again in AnotherFoodBloggers home and this is definitely one of my favs! Combining that kick ass red pepper sriracha harissa recipe of mine, some top quality meat, crisp lettuce, sweet grilled onions & let’s not forget about my trusted Weber and well, you are on to a good thing!
The inspiration for this dish came with combining these lamb/pork meatballs I make for canapes I did for a catering gig and my love affair for eating meat inside a brioche bun! I am fairly confident I see you glancing back at the picture above and saying that the day I created this was well – inspired!!
So if you are looking to add a different flair to your grillin’ game and impress your mates whilst chugging a few cold ones around your grill then ENOUGH SAID!!
Ingredients – serves 4
600g lamb mince
200g pork mince
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp dried oregano
red pepper harissa -click here
crispy lettuce – baby gem/oak
goats curd or feta
1 large red onion – cut into rings
4 brioche burger buns
bbq or grill pan
1. Mix the lamb & pork mince in mixing bowl with cumin, oregano, salt & pepper. Shape them into 4 x 200g burger patties *see tips*
2. Oil, season & grill burgers & red onion and grill them on the bbq or in grill pan for 2 & 1/2 mins each side.
3. Lightly toast burger buns, add harissa on base of bun, top with lettuce, burger patties, grilled onion & a little more harissa.
4. Spread goats curd into the top 1/2 of the burger bun or sprinkle feta (if using) on top of patty and top with the burger bun.
5. Take a breath and marvel in the joy that is the lamb burger!
6. Serve with some homemade fries – check out my recipe here.
*shop bought harissa will also work but TRUST me once you make my homemade version you won’t ever bought shop bought again*
**cooking the burgers for 2 & 1/2 mins each side will cook a perfect MR burger so if you want them cooked more then another 30 seconds – 1 min a side will do**
***the ratio is 3:1 lamb/pork mince so if you like your burgers a little bigger just follow that ratio when adding more mince***