This simple chicken gnocchi dish is ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes! Using everyday ingredients, the best shop-bought gnocchi I have found it'll both impress family & dinner guests alike!
Why I Love This Recipe
- easy to find ingredients
- ready in less than 30 minutes
- the family love it
- fancy enough for date night/dinner parties
It's like the unicorn of food! This delicious chicken gnocchi recipe just ticks all the boxes. I have cooked it for the wife & kid on a Tuesday night and for friends on a Saturday, and everyone has raved about it!
The fact it takes only 25 minutes to make is simply an added bonus too! No slaving away for ages in the kitchen when everyone else is enjoying the wine, and you are having FOMO 😉
As mentioned before, this simple & quick chicken gnocchi dish is made using easy-to-find ingredients. In fact, I picked up everything down at my local grocery store so there is no need to travel far and wide to get them!
I LOVE making homemade pasta. Getting the now 6-year-old terrorist involved it's simply fun! But, with work, golf commitments, more golf and then a little bit of driving range practice, it isn't always easy to find the time! So, when I'm looking for the best readily available shop-bought pasta/gnocchi, I turn to Guzzis Pasta here in Australia.
Guzzis is a family-owned and operated company using only Australian ingredients. They are competitively priced and stocked in Woolworths & Coles throughout Australia, so next time you are doing your grocery shopping, keep an eye out 😉
Laithwaites & Thistledown Wine
So for this EPIC chicken gnocchi dish, I teamed up with Laithwaites Australia. If you don't know about Laithwaites, they have been buying and selling wine for over 50 years. Aside from handpicking a great selection of wines from smaller family-run operations, what I LOVE about what they do is keep things simple. This means less money spent on "bullshit" and more savings for us!
I paired this simple gnocchi dish with a cracker of a Grenache from Thistledown in Mclaren Vale. This winery is exactly what makes Laithwaites so great. Small production, top-quality fruit and simply great people. This is their 'Gorgeous" Grenache, and at the amazing price of $19.99, when you buy a mix & match 12, you are onto a bargain!
Alternative Gnocchi Recipes
Inspired by my simple chicken gnocchi with blue cheese butter and need more delicious gnocchi recipes? Check out these ones below.
Happy Cooking & Happy Eating Friends!!
- 500 g baby gnocchi
- 75 g soft butter
- 50 g soft blue cheese
- 120 g carrots 1 large
- 80 g frozen peas
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tbsp capers
- 200 g chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs thyme or dried herbs
- olive oil
- Chef Knives
- Chopping board
- frying pan
- Measuring utensils
- wooden spoon/spatula
- Whip the butter & blue cheese together
- Slice the red onion thinly and chop dice the carrots into pea sized pieces
- Cut the chicken thighs into 2cm pieces
- Put salted water on to boil for the gnocchi
- Fry the chicken in a hot pan for 3 minutes, remove and set aside
- Fry carrots, onion for 1 minute, add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add peas and chicken back into pan and cook for 2 minutes – place gnocchi into boiling water
- Add butter, capers & thyme to frying pan, toss to combine
- Add cooked gnocchi and 2 tbsp of gnocchi water, combine and serve
- adding the starchy gnocchi water to the pasta helps the sauce to coat the gnocchi better and adds a little liquid to the dish – ALWAYS do this with gnocchi and pasta
- this dish could be made with shaped pasta too
- blue cheese butter will keep for up to a week in the fridge